R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies TCXX
Thread: Hot Bodies TCXX
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 04:49 PM
NolanP
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I understand Josh's concerns as when you get a certain amount of force twisting the graphite under extreme high bite situations there can be some drag and weight balance issues as Josh stated. As I don't think there were any or many of us that don't have scrapes on our motor endbells after running at the asphalt Nats. Same with the local boys in Joliet at Lesiure Hours. So I know that the motor probably hits more than what we think. Hemesteede from what I understand isn't classified as a High bite track for him to run the TCX motor mount. Although the speeds in which he was traveling was high enough to twist the chassis to a high level. Which may be a reason why he was running the TCX mount. But in a high bite carpet track a motor rubbing can cause my car not to handle and be eratic. So to have to change the mount isn't a huge deal to me. Now the weight balance of the car with the battery I can understand as well. I will be waiting till I get my kit in hand and judge the balance from that aspect.

There will never be "the perfect" car. So pick one you can get super close and rock it. I'll take the car that I can swap motor mounts on. Josh you know there will be a way to adjust weight somehow.