R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 04:04 PM
PROMODVETTE
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
here is a point my wife made...if she buys all the legal esc/motor combo for USVTA...say a GTB2 and Ballastic 25.5...what will she need to run GT or TC...hummm...a $35 stator...lol

The point thats forgotten is that the USVTA esc list are legal for other classes too...it makes more sense to get the USVTA legal stuff and as your driving gets better, buy a stator and move up.

I think all of the esc/motor change is more about brand loyalty... and thats cool too...but the motor rule is solid...we can add esc's , but if a company isnt willing to get onboard, we cant make them
This is exactly why I like VTA. I'm in the category "Newbies" who have never raced 1/10 scale 4WD on-road before. I like the fact VTA is slower and much more spec than some other classes. It gives me the ability to learn about driving and setup before having to learn which motor/tire/battery/esc etc etc etc is better this week. When I am ready to step up to USGT it will only around $100 with stator, tires, wheels, and body vs the cost of a new motor and esc added into that.