R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-03
Thread: Tamiya TB-03
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 11:50 PM
yobouno
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NewWestF1
Just ordered my TB-03 and have some questions about tires... What's the best rubber tyre and wheel combo for parking lot and indoor. My outdoor track will be closing up shortly and the indoor will soon be opening. I'm going run the stock motor for now with programmable esc, I forget the brand right now. What'll give me decent grip and not kill the bank?

BTW this is my second car. My first is an FGX.
Assuming your summer is like winter in Australia, I'd still keep using 20 - 30D compounds (ie, soft to medium). One common thing with carparks around the world is dust and pebbles, nothing cheap really works... Sorex is the tyre of choice usually. Having said that, if your team/friends/racers are willing to do some prep work every race, try this... blow off as much debris as you can on the track using a leaf blower. The coat them with sugar water. Add as much sugar as you can till the sugar won't desolve anymore. Spray it thoroughly on your track, leave it for 20 mins. Then you'll find yourself with much more grip and with that you can go down to using muchmores or other slightly less expensive tyres.

We do that on our purpose build track at our club, and we runs medium hard in the middle of winter (avg 12'C)