R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobbywing Xerun V3
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 05:38 PM
iwkyb
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
The ratio between boost and Turbo generally is track dependent, although you will find that less boost will make the throttle smoother, when using a relatively short rpm range. Using less boost and/or lengthening the RPM range will all help to contribute to a smoother overall throttle feel.
Something I've always found helpful for sorting out the rev ranges, is to calculate the speed that the car is doing on track. IMO, trying to figure out the lowest RPM that the motor turns on track, and then setting the start RPM to suit is best. From testing with a data-logger, usually the lowest speed (regardless of class, as we're talking corner apex speed) is around 7-9mph. So setting the start RPM by back calculating from the roll out and FDR. It's easier than it sounds, especially with this excel sheet.

Again, from your settings originally posted, along with higher start, maybe also try less boost/more turbo, and also a higher end RPM. Also, don't forget, you don't need to use all the dynamic timing, if the track doesn't allow it. I've seen plenty of situations where adding more timing hasn't made the car any faster, and just added heat.

HiH
Ed
Thanks for the helpful tips again

Just one more question, my car was tested by one of the more experienced drivers and he said that the main issue is the car lacked punch unless Turbo is engaged with full trigger, which was causing me to overshoot corners since I am consistently full throttling to get the punch. His solution was to increase the end bell timing so there was more "meat" with the first 50% of the throttle throw so I can use more fine throttle control.

Which part of the ESC setting controls this? Making the throttle more linear

Thanks again