R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New 1/10 and 1/8 indoor track opening in North Haven, ct
Old 08-29-2012, 01:42 PM
TreadRCracing
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NHRCRACER
I think that is a 14 year old saying he sees it as an investment. I don't know or judge this kid. For all I know his dad is a successful business owner and will buy the property and work the books like a smart businessman so that he can write off the losses until it makes sense to have a profit on the books. So, the young man is saying it's only a loss if they close right off the bat. If his dad owns an existing successful business and that business is their profit center, the comment is right on the money (pardon the pun).

Bottom line is it's easy to pick apart the comments made by a young man about something that is just an idea. I hope he and his family pull it off. Nobody ever accomplished something great without dreaming big. I believe posted up with a good, open attitude looking to work with people and not against them. I also believe he has been fairly articulate and has taken some "constructive criticism" and some flat out negativity on the chin far better than others have.

Also, I am not trying to be a jerk. Just trying to be the devil's advocate. Let the young man go for it. If he succeeds or fails will have nothing to do with all of our expert opinions.
Thanks matt. And I wasnt saying that we wont be spending money in any way, of course we will be spending money and it wont be easy nor will it take a day or two or even a year to get all of it back into our pockets. We still have to pay the employees and that would double the time it will take to get the money back. I am not saying we "will" get the money back, we may close before we could even get half of it back. I am saying that in order to make a good track that will make money you have to spend money and if we succeed then we will be lucky to. The track will have to be amazing and have amazing empoyees, maintenance, layoyts, e.t.c. in order to keep the people walking through the door.

There is being optimistic and then there is being naive.
Adolescence and naivity generally go hand in hand, but one fella's opinion is another's insult.

I say go for it Gio........but be prepared for sleepless nights, lots o' blisters, pissed off customers (they are few and far between, but there is nothing you can do to help em so look out), angry wife/girlfriend, no racing for yourself, no traveling for racing........etc, etc......
I will still be racing every where else, we will have somebody in charge while we are traveling at all times. Again, i will not be the announcer so i will be racing.

Example: Look at my friend Toddie Anderson and his dad. Theey both opened a track and are still doing great. They have someone in charge of every job in the darn place. So now toddie can race and todd is usually busting his ass working on the races and front desk so he usually races away from rc excitement.