R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 03:51 PM
F1Yankee
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
I have been racing F1 rc cars since 1987 and in truth, they haven't changed all that much; they are still straight axle pan cars basically. Now I know that Gadget and others seem to think that is still the way to go because it's simple and it works. No argument there.

However, I for one am sick of the archaic straight axle pan car design of F1 rc racing, and this new car is a breath of fresh air, and EXACTLY the direction that F1 rc should go! I say to heck with ROAR and those other so-called sanctioning bodies who seem to be determined to keep the status quo in design where both F1 and pan cars are concerned. Just ignore them, and start your own F1 class with your rules package and go at it. If enough of us do that then maybe ROAR and others will finally wake up and "smell the coffee" and change their rules.

I love new thinking and innovation, especially where F1 is concerned. That is why my heroes were Colin Chapman, Gordon Murray, Jim Hall, etc. They never settled for the "status quo", but preferred instead to push the envelop and not only think "outside the box", but downright flatten it!!
no argument here