R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TheDknuckles Youtube Channel
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 08:24 PM
nerdyrcdriver
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dknuckles
Thanks I appreciate that. I get alot of flak from lots of folks, especially racers. They always ask why spend the money and take those risks just to break your trucks. "It's what I enjoy" I reply and feel every penny that goes into the rigs. My wife and kids all have thier own and bash too. We don't race because we are committed to so many other sports etc and I am terrible on the track lol

I thought of picking up a 1/8 buggy but decided that I want a 1/5 scale more. So fingers crossed after I pick up a heli than a 1/5 scale down the road...
Racing is fun even if you arent very good as long as the guys around you dont take it too seriously.

If I break something, I am normally man enough to admit it. Like I was borrowing a friends lipo and somehow my velcro straps broke and I shattered his hard case. I gave him my newer (less cycles, always balance charged) lipo. Same brand, same ratings, essentially the same battery. If I break a bunch of stuff, I might go in to work and see who needs a shift covered. I would do that, and make some extra money to pay for the parts.

With the right parts, you can bash almost any vehicle. My blitz has upgraded electronics and a new body. That is it. The only thing I have ever broken were velcro straps, destroyed body, and a rear bumper. I bash the crap out of that thing. But it is so much fun . I like getting a good lap around the track during a race, but I also like to be that big finish guy even if he doesnt win. My 2wd sct makes it over a jump meant for over powered 1/8 buggies. The guys at the track havent seen another 2wd sct make it over that, and I can over clear it and still be well within race rules, even on 2s.

Some guys, (racers) like making the fastest and smoothest lap time. It is cool, and amazing to watch some times. But I like seeing my truck take crazy jumps . Not too many 2wd sct owners can claim they made a back flip on 2s, with a body, and on a smallish ramp.

Cant wait to see more videos Edited track videos are cool, but unedited or edited bashing videos are fun to watch. They give me ideas on what to do next.