R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Team CRC Gen-XL
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 04:34 PM
DesertRat
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blackscale
Built a gen XL this weekend and looking for setup tips. Im running a crc bomb r am body jaco black fronts and crc yellow rears. I haven't gotten the running gear just yet but looking at lrp for the esc and orion for the motor.
I would suggest a CRC copper center spring, blue or white side springs with a touch of preload, CRC 1/2 mm front springs (the stock ones) 30k weight side damper fluid and a glazing of 30k on the front kingpin. Also, my car likes a little droop in the front pins, about a half millimeter when sitting flat, which seems to make the car more predictable. Also, run the rear track as narrow as you can make it with your shims, just wide enought that the left rear tire wont rub the bottom pod plate.

Also, try to run your gears as big as you can, so that your motor is as far forward in the pod as you can get it. This makes the car feel more settled when i did it (I ran an 88-45 gearing in 13.5 blinky) but depending on your motor you may have to chamfer the forward motor mount screw tab.

What i will suggest does not guarantee victory, its just what i run.