R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 08-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Meradin
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
Hi.

No i don't account for tire flex and Yes It is kinda hard to explain because of your question, I don't lift the car until the tires come off the ground. I lift the car until the droop screws hit or the shocks stop extending or as long as the axles are the same distance from the board as at rest. as soon as the axles are lifting but the tires are still touching i would call it false droop.

Its all one of those things that would be very easy if we weren't typing.
Thanks!. paul

I have a set of droop blocks and ride height gauges but I have wad over and over that no pro drivers uses the droop blocks. I have wad many times the exact technique you describe but I cannot find a video or someone to show me. Perhaps you could video yourself checking droop?

Here is the technique I use. First, I set my ride height at 5mm. I then slide the ride height gauge in till it is 2mm over ride eight. In this case 7mm. I then adjust the droop screws until both tires are barely touching the pit board. In my head, this is 2mm over ride height.

This doesn't seem to be enough droop however. I think I may be doing it wrong.