R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperRC
Hi All,

I have just installed a SP GT2 esc and SP V3 5.5T into my B4.1. I have an issue... when I turn the esc on and accelerate gradually, the esc works fine. However, when I accelerate suddenly, the esc puts out the massive amount of instant power expected in a sensored system, but after that sudden burst of power, the red and green lights on the esc start flashing simutaneously. This causes the esc to run in a sensorless mode and that instant power is no longer available. I can clear this by cycling the esc off then back on. But the same thing will happen again when i accelerate suddenly. Ive looked in the esc manual regarding flashing red/green, it states to check sensor wire (which I have replaced) and check the motor sensor unit (so I have done- what am i looking for?). Has anyone else had this problem? any solutions?

P.S, I have two other Sp V3 motors (10.5T/4.5T), however they start flashing red/green as soon as you give any throttle input, as compared to the 5.5T, where it will do this onlly on sudden high power throttle input.

Could all my motor sensors be damaged? As i dont want to be spending $25 for each motor sensor replacement.
Id appreciate any help, thanks
Most likely is your sensor wire...get a new one and give that a try, most of the time you cannot tell from the outside of your sensor wire. I screwed up 1 of the race last week when the brand new sensor wire is just bad at the beginning...but at that moment I have a spare used one so I replaced that and it works fine...

But then..if the sensor wire does not solved your problem, it will be the sensor unit inside the motor that created the problem, and that need to be replaced.