R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EAMotorsports discussion thread
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2004, 10:19 PM
Tempest2000
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Not taking EA's thread over or anything, but from my experience... if the motors have ever been hot (200 or above) then they definately need to be rezapped because it starts to hurt (partially reverse) the magnetic field. i.e. less torque and power

In addition over time magnets become weaker because the field that the arm creates actually deteriorates the magnets as well. This happens in both stock and mod.

HOWEVER, stock motor magnets are usually of lesser quality and deteriorate quicker.

There is no set time as to when the magnets should be rezapped. Each motor is different. If you feel the torque fading then rezap. If you dyno it and its down on torque or watts rezap it. If you own a zapper and you have the time, rezap it as often as you like

Me personally, I will rezap my touring motors before each race day. (I tend to run them on the warm side)

As far as the magnets go... they don't really wear out to the point you can't rezap them. However you can only zap them to 100% of THAT magnets capacity. (i.e. a glass can only be filled so full).

Just trying to save you some time Eric... I'm the one with the part/time job and all