R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 01:18 AM
wollow86
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kikoy
Okay thanks! I wanted to use the original motor mount of the zero but it has no screw on top of the spur carrier for the top deck. I also dont like to use the vertical motor mount for the S because of the swapping position of the belt to the other side. i also want to have a low center of gravity. Im planning to run my S in the 13.5 class.
I don't run the scews in the top deck at that position, my deck doesn't even have the holes for it. I assumed that was an XI thing (which I do run the screws on)? Because I'm using the zero bulk heads, I need to use the zero top deck (soft).

I wouldn't think the CG would be effected to much by the motor mount, seeing as the motor is still up there anyway...

But in any case there is a lot more room with the new mount. I got my pinions today, easily fit a 47 with the 60. There's a little room to spare, 50-51 should be no problem if you wanted to. I have found though that fitting anything larger then about 43 starts to get tricky, you would need to remove the top deck, and trial and error you way through motor position.

Last edited by wollow86; 08-10-2012 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Pinion info.