R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 12:44 PM
mdowney
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toast.
So whats the dream setup (motor, esc, servo, TX) for a RB6?
Obviously a matter of opinion and the answer depends largely upon your own personal preferences. I'll give you a few things to consider:

Here's what Tebo runs, which he is paid to run, and these makers all have corporate relationships or are owned by the same company:

Team Orion (owned by Kyosho)
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
KO Propo
  • EX-10 EURUS with RF904FH 2.4GHz module
  • KR-411FH Receivers
  • Drop down wheel adapter
  • KO Propo RSx Response or newer BSx servos

I run the same equipment and really like it but have recently switched to using a Futaba 4PKS because I prefer the ergonomics to every other Tx I've tried. And the Orion R10's are rock solid speedos in my experience. I haven't had a single problem with any of them. The KO servos are expensive but they're also rock solid. I run them in all of my cars.

I've been running the new Orion VST Pro Stock 17.5 motors in my cars when I run stock class and I think they're very fast. I compared them to the Team Epic D3.5 motor and didn't find a very big difference. I've also tried the new Reedy Sonic motors and found them to be pretty quick as well.

All that said, there are cheaper alternatives that are more than adequate, but it sounds like you're not necessarily looking for the best buy.