R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 12:37 PM
k_bojar
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5VoltDetonator
Anyway quick question. I am thinking about getting a rear shaft counter wieght, is it worth getting ? Does it make an improvement?

Also right now I'm using a Gen ace 3500 mah 25C Bat and it fits perfect. My Turnigy Shorty 4200 mah 65C wont fit correctly either will my Gen Ace 6500 mah

They are talking about making the F1 Mains longer like 10 min, and I know my 3500 Mah might work but I want to make sure I have full power at the end of the race.

Now I see these http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/product_view.asp Peak Power Max 4200 Mah 45 C Bats that look the same size as my 3500 Mah Gen Ace but I want to know the exact dimensions so I'm sure it will fit in my F104 Pro, anybody have the dimensions or use this in there F104Pro?

Would I need a bigger / higher C rated battery than that?

or

Instead of getting a battery that fits the my F104 pro can I or should I possibly look into getting a different shorter top plate that would make it like a F104X1? Can that be done easily or would I need to change alot?
that Peak pack you listed is perfect for the F1, without any modifications. Its shaped like a nimh pack (rounded edges) and made to fit inside a Tamiya M03/M05 - if it fits that it'll fit the F1...I've used it and didn't have any problems..

You can get the split upper deck with makes putting batteries in/out alot easier, it also gives the chassis more flex which equals better traction

I have the counter weight - didn't see a vast improvement over not running it. i will NOT be putting it back on my chassis when i finish my rebuild

"C" rating does not equal more run time...mah is what you need for run time...and 4200mah should be more then enough for 15-20, maybe longer mains...