R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Kail
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
I recieved my new kit mid week, and got it built for a run on Friday night.
Normally running Mod, but at a small indoor asphalt track nearby we all run Stock 17.5 boosted for closer racing.
First run on the car, feels surprisingly good, stable on power, with good on power steering. Off power this thing turns like a demon, if anything needs to be clamed down a touch.
In kit form i found the dampening to be a touch heavy (500wt with 3 hole pistons, they appear to be 1.0, so perhaps just need to be redrilled) went down in oil and car was much more balanced. Also took out a little ackerman, kit setting is 3mm, and basically max, went back to 1.5mm. kept the rear end much more planted, and not so agressive.

The build went smooth, no hand fitting required, you can see design inspirations from a number of other cars, and a few new things also, its so narrow it doesnt sit on my car stand properly its quite odd to see so much of the batt / motor and servo hang off the side of the chassis.

Overall, ran as fast a lap as i ever had around the circuit in stock, was TQ on the night, although made a couple of bobbles in the final and just missed out on the win.

Looking forward to getting the car outdoors with a mod strapped in. The next event is at a track renon for understeer for me.
I second your opinion on how the car handles. Its really great. I finished building my car 15 mins before my club race started. I was on stock settings and was pleasantly surprised on how good the car felt on stock settings. I only had to make minor adjustments to make the car feel really good.

Dampening seems really stiff. I was using 550wt all round and the compression feels really stiff. I will probably go down in oil or drill the pistons to a larger diameter.

I was using the flex upper and lower deck. Coupled with not using all the screws on the upper deck, I managed get the car to really generate good traction.

Ackermann I changed from 3mm to 2mm. Although it made my car feel stable, it was a tad slower.

Overall, the car felt very nice and I managed to clock the fastest lap of the day, together w tq & win