R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Stealth_RT
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I hope this car comes out at the end of the month. I want one soooo badly now. Got to look at Mike Blackstock's car up close and raced with him in mod TC at the Gate yesterday. His car still had an asphalt setup on it when he arrived at the track. He redid almost the entire setup to run on carpet with foam tires, basing it off of his old TC3 setup and some guesstimation. Did one practice run, made some more changes like removing the rear swaybar, changing the front and rear roll centers, etc. I don't think he really changed it at all the rest of the night, it was pretty dialed already. When asked what he thought of the car, he says it has more steering than the TC3, but is more stable and easier to drive. And this with a pre-production car that's still all plastic!

I can't wait to get mine and get the graphite chassis kit. It also looks like the air induction system will be a must have. One thing Mike told me was to immediatley put 3/4 oz of weight on the right side of the car to get the balance close. But I suppose that all depends on what radio gear you have.