R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VBC new 1/10 touring car, Wildfire.
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 04:53 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Today was the day I finally got to run my new Wildfire. I will be shortening up the speedo and servo wires but its still wired up pretty neat overall but it will be getting better. I have a pic so you can see what it looks like so far.

I took the car to an indoor carpet track to get some practice and just get use to running touring cars after a 4 plus year layoff. Track has not been raced on for 2 weeks and they had a party Saturday and the SCT trucks where running and using the jumps so any traction from 2 weeks ago is totally gone to say the least.

The first two packs where just to get familiar with the track layout and get a feel for the new car. Also to get the tries ran in a little since they been sitting for years.

I only made one change to the car as I moved the rear shocks out one hole on the tower from where I started them at. For the 3rd run I turned the timing on the motor back some and added a fan to the car plus put on some better tires but not the spec tries the track normally runs as a gentlemans agreement. Car was a lot better with the new tires I uses and I could drive it pretty well. My little bit of skills I had slowly where coming back. Car was really good in the groove considering the lack of use.

The 4th run I re sauced the tires and ran more like I was going to race but not pushing too hard and the car just kept getting better the whole run.

For the 5th run I was on it pretty hard and first time I even bothered to check lap times. To my surprise they are right in the ball park with where I need to be. I was very happy with all the time off and a totally new brand of touring car to me that I was on the right track lap time wise. I'm still stunned to be honest.

I zero problems with the car ll day long. Everything stayed tight and zero issues with the car other than the body hit the carpet the first pack and I just trimmed it and that was the last thing I did on the car all day as nothng came loose or broke. I did only have once medium hit but nothing broke. I never pushed the car super hard all day as I didn't seem to have to it just ran ran smoothly for me all day.

Couldn't be happier with my choice of touring cars. I have lots of room to grow and get better with it and parts are easy to get from CRC and eventually Horizon Distributors. To me VBC did a great job with this car.

Last edited by wyd; 07-01-2017 at 07:39 PM.