R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 04:11 PM
5VoltDetonator
Tech Adept

Texas, Cuda, RobK, and Everyone else who helped me out- Thanks

I tried to follow everyone setups suggestions and my car handled great and I ended up do pretty good at our race here in So Cal. I only got to practice for 5 min before the first qualifer, cause I had to replace the rear wing ( junk ) that came with my Chineese Vodofone body. I ended up third out of our small group of 5 racers, and at least 3 of those guy had there cars for a while.

Here is the Video of the race- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s5BR8XRlog

All I did was put the suggested Shimizu tires and geared it at 96/34 using a Ballistic 21.5 and a GTB2. I also, got a high traction t-plate and a Kimbrough servo saver. I used a Gen Ace 3500 mah Bat cause that is all I had that would fit. It is being held there with nothing - just the preasure but it didn't seeem to move around at all. I didn't even sauce the tire cause I thought it had great grip allready. Only my own finger controll seemed to keep me from driving better.

Anyway here are some pictures of my car and my wiring job, I had no idea how to do it so I just went with what I knew. I don't think the back end is restricted the wires are loose enough not to be hanging anything up..

What hop up parts would any of you or others suggest?

I am thinking about getting a Aluminum Pitch Damper Set but I really don't understand how it replaces the stand pitch dampner?? Do I need some extra parts? I put associated grease in the pitch dampner and it kinda seems to ooze out which aint too bad but it seems like the alum pitch dampner would be a less mess better handling upgrade, yes?

My Car

Love'n the F1

Last edited by 5VoltDetonator; 08-05-2012 at 05:54 PM.