R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobbywing Xerun V3
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 02:26 AM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Meilleur
Is there anybody at hobbywing that can help me out? I received my V3 last week. After setting it and calibrating it with my radio on my pit table, I squeezed the trigger and heard a pop, and smelled the dreaded electrical burn smell. I emailed Hobbywing last week. They responded to me asking for the warranty code and pictures. I emailed them last Friday and have not heard back from them. Unfortunately, our point series starts this weekend. I'm without an ESC and I've already pre registered for the series. I'm more ticked off that they have yet to respond to me after promptly responding to their email request. Horrible customer service. Looks like I'm going back to Tekin. At least they take care of their customers quickly. Oh well. Should have listened to the local racers and stuck with a reputable company like Tekin or Orion. Can anyone else suggest a company with great customer service?
drop Angelo an email (CobraRacing on here), or given your in the states, CRC or Falken Sadieko (they are the US distributors). All of them usually will give good service, so whilst I appreciate your pain, but to rule it out and call them unreputable because of an answered email is a bit harsh! The V3 is a very good ESC, and I'm sure you'll like it once the issue is resolved.

Regards
Ed