R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 12:58 PM
mdowney
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Did he run the motor forward or back?
Rear motor. As has been said, mid motor is intended primarily for super high grip carpet/turf tracks that are popular in Europe (better for bad weather and can be built indoors). This allows Kyosho to stay competitive in those markets where Schumacher, Losi and Durango currently dominate. I'm sure some will run it on high-bite clay but rear motor will remain the preference for dirt.

Originally Posted by Rfury
Did he mount the ESC on the tray or flat on the chassis behind the battery? It will be great to see pictures.
There isn't an ESC tray. It sits on the chassis right behind the battery, which puts the weight as low as possible, lowering the CG. He chose to mount his Rx in the traditional position but it looks like they suggest putting it on the battery strap as an option. Depends on the size of your Rx. The KO's that Tebo runs are really tiny. The Kyosho Rx's seen in the PR photos are probably too big to fit on the side.

Originally Posted by Rfury
I have a question...

What is the advantage in having the front shocks mounted on the back of the tower as opposed to the front of the tower as with the old RB5?
I'm not sure if there's a geometry benefit but I do know that mounting them behind the tower allows you to protect your suoer-expensive, annodized shocks with a cheap shock tower.

I'd much rather have the tower take the hit than my shocks. Not to mention the fact that a hit could move your preload collars. This is how the B4 does it.

Originally Posted by Orion_2kTC
What is this infamous T Plate you folks keep referring to? What's it do, why is it so bad?
The plastic T-plate, found on all of the current Gen K race kits is considered one of the most likely parts to break. I've only broken one, which was on my SC-R. The gearbox appeared to have punched through the t-plate somehow. The new car gets rid of this part and just extends the alu chassis all the way back.