R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin
Old 08-02-2012, 05:52 PM
SBWheels2008
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Exclamation Need help with an RC race for a local non-profit agency

On Aug 11th, 2012, I am doing an RC racing event for the Spina Bifida Association of Western PA 2012 Summer Festival. The main reason I'm doing this is to show local people with disabilities and their families that they can participate in RC racing and bashing. I need some people to help me.

So far, it's only me. I'm borrowing the two PT Raceway loaners and I'm using two of my own vehicles, for a total of four vehicles. I'll limit the throttles so they go very, very slow. I'm borrowing enough pipe to do a small 8'x16' oval. The vehicles will go sloooow enough that we'll be hand counting the laps. Since most of the attendees have never driven an RC vehicle before, so some are lucky if they can even complete one lap. As I recall from last year, the fastest driver did 12 laps in 5 mins. This year, we may shorten it to 4 mins.

So what I need are about 4-5 people. I'll need help setting up the track, putting up my 10'x10' pop-up canopy, counting laps and coaching drivers and tear-down. I did this last year with John and Sam Peoples but they're not available to help this year. Between the three of us, we were able to do to handle it. 4-5 people would make it a bit less hectic.

I'd say we should be there by 12 noon for a 2:30pm start. I figure we'll do one race of four racers every 15 minutes. The location is Blueberry Hill Park, just south of the Rt 910 (Wexford) exit 72 off 79. This is the first exit north of the 79/279 split. I'll give detailed directions to anyone who can help out.

On another note, if anyone has anything to donate to use as prizes, we'd appreciate that too. It'd also be cool to bring vehicles so people can see different types and classes of vehicles. For a static display, I'll bring my e-scale, maybe my mini-Z's, a helicopter or two and possible some of my planes. We're going to be set up right in the food court where all the action and people will be.

Thanks!

Steven Beatty