R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Version 2
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 02:53 PM
JayL
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by wiggindude6969
Are you guys having this issue too... it was pointed out to me this weekend... the side damper with the stock set up.. the 10mm set screws that hold the side screws on... hit the side damper. I dont have the shorter set screws yet... so i cant fix it on my car... I also noticed that the side "plastic" parts have a slight bow in them... i took the car apart, made sure i built it to the book and they flattend out, after a day or practice they are slightly warped again... i ordered the RM-01 side parts (2)sets and i am going to replace them when the parts come in...

Took your advice and went with silver front springs and the 2mm droop... I am mounting another new set of Pitz tomorrow, when i got my tires from TQ... i built 2 complete sets of med fronts and soft fronts and i might have labeled them wrong... so im just gonna build new ones... so there is no question....
My side damper hits the set screw for the side spring as well. I am going to try a 5mm set screw instead of the 10mm
for the side links I am switching to the AE RC12L5 ones and the AE pivot balls they go on.