R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 06:46 AM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
I have the 1.0 blocks loaded ff/fr for tomorrows club meet. Im keen to see how the car reacts to changes in the front width as i had been happy with the 2.0ff/1.5fr combo but curiosity gets the better of me. Ill go to 1.5ff/1.0fr and so forth till i get to 2.5ff/2.0fr. If anyone has tested some of these combos feed back would be appreciated.

To add to the above, has anyone tried another brands wheel hexes on this car? The serpent has much wider hexes than the xray ones i have here to compare it to and makes the set of Tamiya skinny ones i have look huge. I guess in my track width testing how much of an effect does changing width at the hubs have over at the hinge pins?
Width via hexes will effect stability where the width via hinge pins will effect your roll center. When I have used hexes it feels more like it effects traction and turn in in the corners. The roll center has a much larger impact on how the car handles, lower being big compared to a upper rc adjustment.

Just don't forget to make sure you have good inner wheel clearence when you play with the hexes.