R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 08:45 PM
6376vette
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wollow86
It's a few mm, but I haven't actually measured the difference. They do bolt straight in. It's much cheaper then using narrow blocks. As as vette explained, it adds more rear grip because of the increased weight transfer. It depends on your driving style too. I've found with the stock arms you have to have a big difference front to rear spring rate to get it nice, and because your taking away grip from the front instead of adding it to the rear, you have less overall grip.

Got it in one. I run mostly low to med grip so I notice whenever I drive a stock s. Might also be why your big on sway bars but I'm not :-)
Lol. It may be. I love the sway bars and I swear by them when they are used properly. on our high grip track it helps keep the inside tires down so they don't diff out and spin causing the tires to overheat and get really slippery. my son was running a s model without them and the tires are chewed up. The motor was also getting really hot from the spin. Just put the sway bars on tonight so tomorrow will be a huge test. I will be sure to report the differences. I just picked up an xi so my son has inherited all of the zero parts from my car.

I have a good friend of mine who runs vta and he prefers no sway bar in the rear but runs one up front. It works for him. Guess most of it comes down to driving style and feel.

By the way I absolutely LOVE the xi. Man what a smooth car. Funny thing is that it has xray arms on it so I couldn't compare them to the zero arms. I have no idea what the x ray arms do as far as handling. Only drove it once and I never drove on the stock xi arms. I have been told they increase wheel base by 2 mm. In theory the car should be more stable. Guess I need to swap the arms just to try it. I will save that one for a later day though.

Got me thinking though. If the xi arms are shorter I'm willing to bet it is by 2mm. The zero has a total of 4 mm track difference front vs rear so the car is physically wider in the back. I run 7mm hexes in the front and 5 in the rear so the track is even. Car measures right on 190 mm when using 0 offset wheels. I also went to 3mm offset wheels for a total width of 196. I could notice a difference. Had to make other tuning changes in the set up but the car became more stable in the turns. Maybe this is the same effect as adding the xi arms.