R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T3 2012
Thread: Xray T3 2012
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Skiddins
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Really only 2 official ways on the current chassis. I've never seen anybody run the servo in the north-south fashion on the 2012. Just the stock 2 post mounting, or the optional carbon fiber top mount.

Speaking of steering, I was never happy with the fact that the stock turnbuckle between the servo saver and the steering arms was basically 100% bottomed out when I had the servo horn vertical. I also had about a 20% EPA difference in my left and right steering to get the car to turn equally. Last night at the track I started messing with the steering on my setup station.

First I rotated the servo saver a little bit, so it was angle away from the center line of the car. This increased the length of the turnbuckle. With this setup it took nearly a 60% EPA difference to get the left-right turning the same!

I then switched the other way, so the servo saver was one spline off-center, but this time tilted towards the inside of the car. This required me using a shorter turnbuckle than the stock one. With this setup I was able to reach equal left-right steering with only a 3% EPA difference.
I have mine as per kit and there's only 2% difference.
Are you sure your links are the same length etc?