R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2002, 08:29 PM
BigDogRacing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by Oasis2001
I was just wondering if any of you guys have experience on low traction asphalt outdoor tracks? I have to race a ta a track which is reasonably small but not incredibly tight bar two hairpins which are after longish straights. There are gas cars raced on this track also which can make it slippery but grip should come up a bit. I got the car going ok but just need overall more turn in. Just wondering if anyone has a setup for these conditions that works well.
Oasis- you'll be glad to know that I have one. Before I go on, let me tell you guys something-

Today was my first day with the Mission and it was awesome. No, I didn't say it was OK, or that it had a lot of potential- IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!! I've been running my Yok SP's all this year and setting the lap record at every race in both mod and stock. (I'm not bragging- there aren't any sponsored drivers here...lol) SO to say that my Yok setups are good is an understatement. They've been great. However, I got a Mission from my buddy Sigearhead a couple weeks ago but haven't run it until today. I called Adrian at Scumacher (thanks for the help Adrian) and he put me on an asphalt setup. I ran it today with some preglued CS27's, amd it was soooooo freakin wicked! I'll put ut like this: I was scared to TOUCH the setup because I was afraid I would mess it up. I honestly can't imagine it being any better. It was carrying MAD corner speed. Well, I won't bore you anymore with my blabbering, but I still can't get over how well it carried corner speed. Now whewre did I put Paul Lemieux's phone number... I'm gonna invite him to Memphis to get schooled...lol...

Here is the basics:

front-
Yok silver
vari#3
4 downtravel
CS27's
middle arms
1.0 camber
2.0 inside toe
0 toe
#2 hole shock
inside hub top links
swaybar
no oneway

rear-
Yok pink
vari#3
downtravel 3
CS27s
arms back
camber 1.5
inside toe 0 degree
toe 2 degrees per side
shock #1hole
hub top links inside
no swaybar

basically the left set up in the manual with red/blue springs. The yok springs I used are very close to the Scuei red/blue so use red/blue if you have them. I had to use a bunch of spacers to make the Yok springs work....

Last edited by BigDogRacing; 05-05-2002 at 08:40 PM.