R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VBC new 1/10 touring car, Wildfire.
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 07:34 PM
The Teacher
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Well I finally got to run the car yesterday for the first time... Outdoor racing got rained out so needless to say my first day with the car was on carpet. Not really having a carpet setup to work with I started with settings that I've found to work on other cars. Right out the gate the car had a boat load of steering and seemed to be too stuck. Working with a few of the local fast guys, I played with the roll centers and shock positions to get the car where it was planted with good steering but more important consistent. I got my lap times down to within 6 tenths of the fast guys. (...not all that spectacular for most, but on par for me)

I did break a rear arm, shock end and hinge pin when I got hit by one of the local scrubs...jp MW. All jokes aside I think the parts I broke would have been broken on any car based on how I got hit. My only complaints with the car are that you have to sand the front shock tower to get the body down to a normal height and when running a 96 tooth 64 pitch spur it's hard to get to the motor screws. All in all I think the car is going to be good.

Last edited by The Teacher; 07-23-2012 at 04:05 AM.