View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Zedsispeho
Tech Apprentice

Hi,
I don't think that you are ranting

I may be wrong as I mostly run with my F1 on my small local track (short
straight roughly 30 meters).

However I believe that the reason why we see things differently is that you are using open/dynamic timing on your 21.5T and 17.5T motor and I don't.
Lately, during rc motorcycle world championship we have witnessed 17.5T motors with dynamic timing + turbo being smoother and still more powerful than 5.5t and 6.5T motor with fixed timing.
So I have to agree with you...

May be this is also something specific to my own motor and to the FGX
My "old" 9T EZRUN motor is fixed timing (and no turbo) and a lot less powerful than most current motors/esc with dynamic timing + turbo.
I run with other racer who own F104, F103 and F109 chassis and they cannot go anything lower than 13.5T otherwise they would be spinning at every corner (on asphalt).

The good thing about a chassis like the FGX is that you can pass it a lot more power without affecting the handling.
with a 9T motor my car still accelerate straight and I can hammer the throttle out of most corners.

I have to admit that 10 or 9T is probably the most powerful motor that you can put in this chassis on asphalt and that 17.5T with a big pinion will give a more drivable car on high grip tracks.