R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 02:11 AM
Apocalypse2099
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by CTRJ
Question for the group...

I just got a used Hyper 10TT and bolted in a new SCT/3800 combo. I'm using the stock 13 tooth pinion. When I run a 3S lipo, the truck will make a few passes up and down the street (at full throttle) and then quit. The steering continues to work but the ESC starts emitting a tone similar to when I turn it on. The truck wont move for several moments and then it will. Am I overheating the ESC? It seems like people are running this combo (3800/3S) without any issues. Any thoughts?
well i ran my mamba max pro, and 3800kv motor a few times, then it got hot cause i was doing offroad with 3s. but it wasnt crazy temps, just around 140 on the esc, motor maybe 120.

now the issue i'm facing is, bad glitching when running 3s. i tried two different brand receivers and nothing. the glitch buster worked, and for a while i moved the wires to the receiver away from the motor wires and help a bit but not really.

now my mamba max pro acts weird sometimes.

it will power on and beep, but wont do the second sequence of beepings to signal its ready. so i took off the battery and put a different one, and still no luck. out of a sudden it will start working again with no issues.

i read somewhere that some high power servos will cause bad glitching when paired with a mamba max pro or similar esc. a glitch buster is the way to go. but bec is better. glitch buster is cheaper.

man i almost wrote a whole essay. lol

by the way, i hooked the mamba max pro to a different motor while it was acting up and it still did the same. 3 different transmitters and then it decided to work again.

and to finish the essay, i built a ramp, did a tripple with the hyper 10 that has the zip tie on the rear arm. lol. it didnt break.

i how ever put huge badlands on it for a change.

then i jumped it 8 foot high and 20 feet across the back yard. landed, and kartwheeled, and the zip tie broke. lol.

i fixed again for the 10th time. lol zip tie after zip tie. i wonder if i can find some metal zip ties.

these arms are strong but weak where the hinge pins ride.

big wheels do help for bashing.