R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies TCX
Thread: Hot Bodies TCX
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Hi-LowBlow
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bar
hi Hiro thanks for keeping us up to date on what is going on with the release of the TCXX. I was wondering if your allowed to give us any specifications on the new car, i was mostly interested in what chassis it will come with as i see at most recent races the solid chassis with very little holes have been run?
The TCXX will come with our newly designed 2.5mm narrow main chassis. After tons of testing in R&D, we figured that this chassis covers very wide range of the track condition so we picked this one as kit std chassis.

The solid chassis (almost no cut-out) that you have menioned will also be available as an option item. The thickness of this chassis is 2.25mm which is 0.25mm thiner than kit std chassis but it has way less cut-out, so i would say it is about the same stiffness for the sideway. However, this optional chassis provides less flex front to back. I think it is nice to have both chassis and use whichever the best for the race condition. (which is pretty much what our team is doing)

There are many other new features on the TCXX such as new uuper deck, new motor mount w/rear belt tentioner, Hex shape locking style center pulleys, new sway bars, new suspension blocks,new servo mounts, new longer steering cranks, new shock spring adjusters and retainers, new shock stand-offs, new shock pistons, new steering knuckles and rear hubs, our own new gear diff, etc...

Thanks,

Hiro Kasuya
HB/hpi