R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How many tires to bring for race?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 09:58 AM
drstrangelove
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I know the track well. Even though it's not our local track I've practiced on that track often. The tires they run there are Impact and iBeam. Impact being the favorite but for myself, I get better results with iBeam. I know what tires needed, it just should I bring 2 sets or 1 sets of each in different compound. I'm also racing truggy so if I were to bring two sets for each plus the truggy tires it get way too many. That exclude the rest of the stuff that I have to bring.

One of the guy earlier highlighted something very important, the total run time for the race is not more than 45 mins thus running one set would be good enough. At least I have the ibeam and impact to play with.

I've tested Gridiron and cityblock on that track and it is definitely not working. No grip at all for gridiron and cityblock slightly better than gridiron. So I'm confident I won't come to the situation of "why didn't I bring gridiron or city block" kind of situation :ioi: But I will be bringing lots of spare parts though, lots of them :ioi: