R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 04:41 PM
C-Trickle
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonbat13
So I ordered the Protek bearings, I have used them on my savage xl and like them. Also ordered some diff shims to go ahead and make sure they are right. But I didnt order the center front and rear cvd. Instead I ordered the upgraded two shoe trans. I found out that the last owner had only replaced the second gear on the clutch bell. So I am going to go with regular dogbones in the center and the lightweight cvds on all four corners. As I went through this thread I noticed some chassis swaps. However most of the ones mentioned are out of stock or discontinued. I notice that alot of kyosho parts are like that. What is the latest ideal chassis to run?
It's because Kyosho is always updating their part numbers, suppose that's a good thing

I haven't seen the Race Spec chassis in action so I can't really steer ya anywhere with it.

The ST-R chassis is way stout, KYOIFW155. If memory serves me correctly it bolts right up with your stock stuff.

The real good 'chit is the Route 246 SP chassis kit. It's hard anodized 7075, updates the steering to 777 setup. So that means bell cranks that ride on bearings not bushings. To top it all off it has 'Team Kyosho' milled on the bottom, pretty bad ass. I'm running this chassis and it is saweet!

If you want short chassis the 777 chassis is invincible, or you can get the 7.5 Kanai SP chassis. Either way you can't go wrong. But both of them require you to dremel the center diff hole larger to accommodate the 2 speed.