R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 05:32 AM
wollow86
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davlind
I've just purchased a Sakura zero s and will begin the build shortly. I've read through this forum and I'm going to get the 19t pulley, alum gear adapter for 19t, 5mm wheel adapters and vert motor mount (s17). I'm going to run in 21.5 blinky at local tracks in Melbourne (serccc and boronia) and was hoping for some advice on which spur/pinion. Not sure what FDR people Aim for at these tracks. I'm going to place an order shortly so was hoping for any advice from anyone who races here. I was planning on sticking with 48p.
Thanks
Dave
Depending on the size of the track you'll probably want in the ballpark of 4.0 for a smaller track and 3.0 for a very large track. The biggest pinion smallest spur combo should be something like 40/60. I currently have 35/65 installed on my 21.5 car and there's not much more room. Greg over at Feral Batteries carries a robinson spur that should fit on the 3Racing alloy layshaft mount which is a 60t. I've got one here but haven't tried fit it yet.

I've run 3.9 with timing maxed on a short track, didnt bother to temp because the motor felt just above room temp. Thats on a Fantom Apex (revtech) with seis cooling fan, no heatsink. Lap times were about 10.5 seconds.