R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MBX6Tr or Serpent Truggy
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 04:03 PM
DIRTMONKEY
Tech Regular

OK, there are points of view in both truggies,,,,,, i'm in the process of a hard mind blowing decission, i am currently running the serpent off road range consisting of the 811B, 811T, and 811Be, the 811T truggy, after driving the XRAY XT8 FOR MANY YEARS WAS A MAINTANENCE NIGHTMARE, rear outdrive bearings and rear pinion gear bearings, needed constant replacing, just so i had peace of mind while racing.
Example saturday night replaced every bearing in the truck and the rear pinion failed, while 33 sec up on the field, the truggy was dailed but this bearing problems is distracting because of the constant thinking will it last.

I know there are new version to fix this problem, but as racers do you want to keep buying new versions to keep it going, some new versions are needed but why would a company put a flanged bearing in a rear diff of a trugyy seeing that losi did it and rear failure was common place.

DONT GET ME WRONG THE TRUCK IS GREAT TO DRIVE, it is your choice.

As for the mugen this is where the decission for me is hard they do break arms, YES, now they are starting to break the dog bones under load, happening alot at our club, front diffs are going rear diffs are going, but they say it's maintenance, no, as cars that are religiously rebuilt each meeting , these things are happening. I've order the new Mugen 6Tr get it next week, but as with every car out there there are issues it just depends on what you are actually after, the best advice given so far was to look local and question drivers of each and go from there, i and many others could ppoint out the drama's with every truck out there, but where do you stop.

ENJOY YOU DECISSION,