R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 12:08 AM
BCDK
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TryHard
Now it wasnt all positive... my worst part of the build was the shocks. I seriously struggled to get them all to build the same (even to get two too match!) in terms of rebound. I ended up switching out the bladders for some black tamiya ones, as the clear ones seemed to be a bit variable, some collapsing sooner than others, and affecting the damping rate. Even with the different bladders, still struggled to get them to match up, and I think that this is coming from the double o-rings in the bottom. Hopefully these will break in a bit after the first run, but if I still struggle... Well, that's in the future, want to give them a chance first. If anyone's got any tips or special code for building them though, happy to listen!
Ed
Hi TryHard.

I've no problems with the O-rings. When I put it together, I used some blue Tamiya grease, and I've no binding at all, and all 4 shocks are even on rebound.

I struggled a little too on the bladders. I think, they are too wide, and the top can't go free above them, when you're putting it together. I had to do two of the shocks twice, as I lifted up the bladder and got air into the shocks, when I tried to put the top on.

The new shocks works really good. I've no leak from the shocks.

I don't want or need to switch to Tamiya shocks.