R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)
Old 06-25-2012, 01:51 AM
ScottKelly911
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Whitey_Wangster
I can't wait, need another car to go with my SCTE. Hacker07 said there was going to be some new products for the Hotrod Hobbies Shoot Out hoping it is the 22 SCT but could be a new 4wd. What speedo and turn motor would you run in the 22 SCT? I was thinking a Tekin RS or RS pro with a 10 or 8 turn motor, but not sure.
I've been very happy with my Hobbywing stuff so far, so I'm gonna get a HW ESC again to keep it budget friendly. Motorwise, I'm going to probably run a 7.5 as I think the heavier truck will benefit from it over the other trucks that are using mostly 8.5's at my local tracks. Once in a while someone throws a 6.5 in their trucks and it's obvious usually that they're overpowered. With the 22SCT, I'm thinking the extra weight might like the fewer turn motor and allow you to run less timing so you can keep both motor and esc temps cooler while being able to gear up to achieve the same performance.
Originally Posted by Grandturk
Wondering how the heavier 22 platform will run in 17.5 class as that's what a lot of placed run here for SC.
I'm running 17.5NT on my RCRD 22SCT conversion. I didn't get to run it this weekend like I had hoped. It's built though, so next week I'm definitely gonna run it. Hopefully the added weight isn't too much and doesn't effect it too much. I'll weigh it at the track next weekend to see what it comes out at.
Originally Posted by suby723
I bet its not going to be an sct truck. Its going to be a new 4x4 buggy 10th scale.
Only time will tell. But we'll know for sure in the very near future since it's only a couple weeks away