R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 06-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Pro10noob
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Silly question........What C rating are your packs?
It sounds like that it is to low.
As you stated freshly charged it works fine but after a few minutes it looks like the packs can't deliver the amps to start up the motor good enough so you get a slower responce.
Had a similar problem with a LRP ESC when driving with a hot motor.
Changed the packs to a higher C rating and problem was gone.

regards Roy

Originally Posted by hyujmn
Update again...................

Ok, so it seems like my problem isn't gone yet. On a fresh battery, it doesn't have the issue. Full throttle engages instantly and it has tons of response.

After about 3-4 mins, the problem will start. On the track, it's even worse than it was. From neutral, the car takes about 1 seconds to start rolling, then takes about another second to get to half throttle, then it finally goes full throttle. I ran three packs through it and it happened every time. Fresh pack, no throttle problems. 3-4 mins in, the problem starts.

I'm gonna try to just turn off the low voltage detection. I dont ever run beflow 3.8v anyway, so I'll be ok there. I had it at 3.4v, so it still shouldn't have engaged, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Edit: Ok, I turned the low voltage detection off. Now with a used battery, the problem is gone again. HOWEVER, instead of being in blinky mode, it starts out in some other mode. The green light isn't blinking. I didn't realize this until now but the same thing was happening at the tracks. At the start, it wouldn't be in blinky, and once the problem started, the green light was flashing. This tells me software issue again.