R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Asking for help; Trinity D5 with GT7 stalling
Old 09-10-2004, 10:16 AM
mxs
Tech Adept

I am running it in Xray T1 Mini 1/12 scale using 93T spur and 22 pinion. The motor gets barely warm. I live in Toronto Canada so excessive outside heat is not a factor, especially this summer.

I wouldn't think that the culprit is my GT7 since it runs fine with 27T stock motor(It's just so slooooooow). If only I had more mod motors I could do some troubleshooting, but unfortunately I don't. I will try to experiment with some other brushes probably, maybe take the shottky off and test it without it.

Could the fact that my brushes are double shunt be a factor? I've read in some other thread that some people recommend to cut off one shunt as it could lead to improper pressure of the brush on the com.

It's very frustrating especially when you are excited to start your electric r/c. I am wondering whether I will stay nitro-only guy. No, no way I am going to give up that soon. I guess I could just get a new mod and change everything, but that's not the point, plus I am not willing open up my wallet that much.

Thanks guys again