R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin
Old 06-10-2012, 06:18 AM
SBWheels2008
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up Fun dirt off-road racing at Friedens RT281 near Somerset

We're running oval today. Doors open at 10am. Racing starts at 11:30.

On another, thanks to Shawn & the crew at the Rt281 off-road track (Friedens) about 5 miles north of Somerset, off Exit 110 on the Turnpike. It's across the road (Rt281) from the airport.

Tony, Chad, Dan Matthews and I raced there last night. Tony TQ'd but they weren't able to run the truggy A-main due to darkness. Shawn is installing lights over the next two weeks to fix that. Shawn's shop, Spider Hobbies, is about 5-miles from the track and there are plenty of fast food places near the shop. They have a limited number of loaner transponders so a personal transponder is recommended. I believe Shawn can get the MyLaps (AMB) PTS for $99.99 but that could change.

I "maidened" my new RC8.2e. I finished 3rd in near darkness with the track lit by car's headlights. It was challenging! The new lights will be most welcome. They have a great wheelchair accessible driver's stand & pit area (on concrete.)

Friedens alternates on Saturdays between practice and racing. This Sat will be practice with the next race being on the 23rd. Ppl start arriving around 3-3:30. Racing starts at 5:30 but they may start earlier b/c more ppl are showing up. Last night, they ran 2wd OEM (box stock) SC, 2wd 17.5 SC, 4wd mod SC (largest class), e-buggy and e-truggy. They won't turn anyone away so bring it and you'll get to run it.