R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 05:40 AM
1FastVW
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by SteveP
I prefer the TRW105 shocks for the fact that the machined shock bodies and the all of the hardware are higher quality. The shocks are more durable and more consistent than the stock ones, so I would suggest adding them to any car. They're not going to result in much faster lap times, but they will make the performance more consistent, which may improve your overall result.

Vex, even though it's more money, I STRONGLY suggest you upgrade to the IF21/IF106 ring and pinion gears for the front and rear diffs. They are worth it if you have extra power in the car, or if you drive it really hard. They're made from high-carbon steel and are legendary for their durability.

Another thing you may consider for your car is new bulkheads. The molded parts on the GT2 are made by Kyosho using the same material, machines and staff that make the MP9, so they're good, but being sure you have the latest bulkhead is a cheap and safe insurance policy for your optional gears. The IF112D bulkhead was developed for the STRR Evo, and it's STRONG. The bulkhead was the reason we saw damaged gears in the previous trucks, and the strength of the IF112D is specifically increased to prolong gear life.

The stock gear sizes of the IGW008 are 15/18 and 43/46. Let me know if you have problems finding the shims. I'll be sure to get 'er done.
Thanks Steve...already picked them up...gonna test 'em out today I also second the the straight ring gear/pinion. It's an absolute must have especially if you race...the spiral ones will eventually break under heavy braking/acceleration...