R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdlkgliders
I lost a cvd insert (the barrel betwween the axle and shaft) has anyone tried the xray one? its 20.00 bucks to replace after you get the pin and screws needed to put it back together.
I will probably just get the dcj set are you guys liking the dcj's over the standard cvd's?
Also what is the verdict spring steel or aluminum cvd's
I change out to the DCJ right away, just due to the smoother feeling on tight corners. At out track, which is very tight, there was always extreme wheel chatter in the corners with the cvd.

I have run both the steel and the alum cvd in the rear of the car, can't really notice a difference, but run the alum as its less rotational mass. Never ran them in the front, but from my previous car, this usually resulted in bent shafts.

Originally Posted by red7fifty
I used the Tamiya Servo Saver:
#51000 black
(#50473 white)
and it fits without issues, if you mount the servo as far up on the servo mounts as the screws will allow within the servo ears.
I have to get some pictures posted of my servo plate mod. You're idea will work, BUT, to be safe use two layers of servo tape under the servo to keep it up off the servo saver. I ran the way you described but noticed the servo eventually would work its way down and eventually would be on the servo saver rubbing the plate. End result was some strange handling issues, servo would not return to straight, and if your not looking for the clearance it can easily be missed.