R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 02:57 PM
AUSSIEMIKE
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp
Aussie Mike stated the following: The integy aluminium front hubs are very high quality and stop all front spindle/hub breakages when u have all those annoying little hits that cause theses things to break. But... U will start to break upper and lower arms when u have a hard hit only. Just be super patient and carefull when u screw in the nylon inserts, the thread is very fine, like 0,5mm pitch...
I am unclear as to what you stated. Would the aluminum Integy front hubs add to the durability of the vehicle? Would I break more lower and upper arms with the front aluminum hubs, yet not break the front hubs? It is my understanding that with aluminum parts that when one increases the strength in one area, one will break parts in others as the energy is transferred. I have not broken a plastic front hub yet, they just work themselves through the pillow ball hole... it's annoying when racing, but is an easy fix.

I do have the aluminum hex hubs and would tell anyone to upgrade to them when needed..

What upgrades would you suggest to increase durability of this truck?
Depending how hard and at what angle u hit, if u have never broke a front hub, chances are that if u change to the integy hubs you will never break an arm. It usually takes a much harder hit to break the front arms.
U will also never have a pillow ball come out again as they r locked in well behind the nylon inserts.
Chances are though that if they come out that easily now, u need new front hubs and the pillow ball locking plates (new hubs come with them). I have never seen a pillow ball come out without something either split or worn.
Your statement about making one part more durable, makes another part sacrificial is true. However, the strength and integridy of the tuggy is still increased due to the front hubs being well known for their weakness.
I am very surprised to hear u have not broken one yet? However, i feel that if ur pillow balls keep coming out, u have a broken hub ... Or split retainer plate...
Hope this helps mate!