R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MBX6Tr or Serpent Truggy
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Slider30250
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Stubbs
They're still not strong enough Vic....

Randy Cooper and I both broke arms on our 6T's at the Pit this weekend. I used to think it was due to cold weather, but it was 90+ degrees, and neither of us took really hard hits.

Luckily mine was during practice, and I caught it before it broke completely (crack started right at the droop screw boss). Randy unfortunately lost his in the main while he was in third place.

At least I got the better end of his breakage.....I was right behind him, and got the final podium spot.
I know Mike, they are not completely bullet proof but no arm is. The two newbies I have been helping out have so far have broken arms/shock ends/rod ends on their Losi's. The thing to keep in mind with any truck or buggy that is right against the bottom limit on weight is something had to be built out of light weight thin material and as a result parts do break more often. I have replaced more arms on my Mugen from just plain old wear than I ever have due to breakage. If as a driver you tend to hit things alot then you need to keep in mind that you may have to replace part's more.

Take care Mike, if you race at Cape Fear on June 23rd ill probably see you there.