R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 09:40 PM
SLOWINSLOWOUT
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Just finished up with my build. Gotta say, this car is notfor the first time builder! It all went well, but gotta be competent at building car with this one. As has been stated, the printed manual has some errors in it, use the pdf.

The car is very well thought out and engineered, but the execution did leave a bit to be desired. The fit of all the parts of the front end and pods that all come together to form the tub/chassis is tight, I found that I had to leave all the screws loose, and then flex the chassis plate to get them all to fit together. Once together, tighten all the screws, and your golden, nice tight ridged chassis.

I did have some missing screws in my kit as well, kinda disappointing to say the least. Good this there is a bag with 'spares' in it, needed the spares for first's.

The other issue I had was with the shocks. first off, the shafts were rusted!!! The other issue is with the o-rings that seal the top caps, they pop out if you over tighten the caps, but, if you just snug the caps tight, when turning the spring adjusters, the shock body can turn, thuse causing the o-ring to pop out or the cap to be loose. Either way, the result is a leak. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? but for the life of me, I cannot get the cap on tight without the o-ring popping out!

Other than that, the car looks and feels fantastic! got a few Tresery bits coming, may change up the ball cups, but it does look to be a winner.

If anyone has any advice on the shock deal, i'm all ears.

Some pic's;