R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TA-05 ver.2
Thread: TA-05 ver.2
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 02:02 AM
ta04evah
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alex_evo
For ppl who has used the exotek EX05 conversion, How good is it ?? is it as good as a TRF 416 ??? as i have seen mixed reviews
Depends which option you use.
If it's the option for stand up shocks then it'll work quite well out of the box.

If it's the IFS version, then leaving out a couple of screw on the top plate in front and behind the center top plate screw on the motor mount will let it flex a little to give more grip on a slippery track.

After converting to stand up shocks on the front I still have the IFS mount on the chassis. I removed the 2 aluminum posts that are between the plastic IFS mount and lower EX05 chassis which allowed the car to flex a bit more. Removing those posts transformed my car from something that felt the rear end was lose and wanted to let go to a car that gives great grip and corner speed in turns.

I could get the replacement non IFS top plate to do away with the IFS mount but the car is working well for me as it is and it's a nice thing to mount a transponder on.

Of course different setups will work for different people, the complexity and excessive free play of the IFS was something I did not want on the car.

Cheers
Rob.