R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Sprint 2 Mods
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Marv
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Factory holes -

Originally Posted by YellowStangDuan
Hey Marv, are you running everything in the factory holes, and just changing the alignment? I think that's what I see in the green diagram.
Correct, except for the rear hubs.

Those I changed to the 2° hubs, but I did use the out of the box holes for everything.

I also took out the shock spacer that came installed = this lowered my ride height. On the 'out of the box' jpg this spacer is the 'gap' referred to in the shock section.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OUT OF THE BOX - BASIC copy.jpg
Views:	5740
Size:	325.3 KB
ID:	926004

NOTE: One person recommended that (on the rear) I use the outer most holes on the hubs and the E holes on the shock tower for the camber links.

I didn't.

But that's not to say that I won't try it should I experience traction roll.

It's my understanding that using the outer most holes on the rear will affect the roll center.

So, to recap:
Everything colored in GREEN, as well as the RED checks and RED text, is how my particular S2S came 'out of the box'.

All I did was to adjust the front toe -1°, front camber -1°, switched the rear hubs to the 2° hubs and adjust the rear camber -1°.

In as much as the track I was on was an indoor basketball court the car hooked up quite well, considering the steering slop issues hadn't been addressed at that time.

Another limiting factor was the steering throw / radius = some meat needs to be taken off the C Block stops + doing the -1° tow allows for tighter cornering.

However, too tight on the cornering and the front wheels will hit the lower shock eyes.

So re-adjusting the steering end points is critical.

Pictures and procedures for the C Block mods; pinning the bushings in the C Blocks, reducing ball/screw slop within the bushings, front hub to C block slop and C Block to lower arm slop, as well as the tools & parts needed are forthcoming.

Last edited by Marv; 01-10-2013 at 05:30 AM.