R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Martin Crisp
Tech Fanatic

Here are my thoughts to get you more steering on corner exit.

1) lengthen your rear upper link to reduce the rear camber gain
2) use 1mm spacers under your hinge pin blocks instead of 0.4. At the front of the car put 4mm spacers under the rear hinge pin block. I think you need a higher roll center to get more overall lateral grip.
3) The front roll center might be too low with the 4mm spacers on the inboard upper link. I think 3mm or 3.5mm would give you more onpower steering.
4) if that is still not enough steering then you can try 3.5mm spacers inboard on the upper rear links. this will make the rear roll a little more and cause the rear to loose traction more easily. With the heat you have where you race, this might overheat the rear tires too much and cause a loose car by the end of the run.
5) Is that 2300cst rear diff oil you are running...if so that is probably a good thickness, but you might want to try something like 3000 cst as well given the heat you have. The thicker rear diff oil will give you more onpower steering, but will give you more off power push given your high grip track.

let us know how this works out.

Originally Posted by K.O.G
Hello

My S411 has a push when corner exit. Does 2.5 rear toe in can help? My local track is a large high grip asphalt. The weather is hot (32 degree), the tire get overheat after a few min running afternoon. I think it could improve when driving smoothly. I want to know what Setup can make it better. Does increase droop can help?

Please forgive my poor english

Thanks

My setup
Attachment 921391