R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 08:22 AM
geeunit1014
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_speed
I ran my TC6.1 last night for the first time. the rear of the car is still a little loose, but I was turning in faster laps time with it than I did with my TC5.
However, I did run into a couple of issues that I hope you can help me solve:
1) the piece that gets installed in the front A-arm which the lower shock ball mounts to kept popping out. Both the left and right were doing this. How do I stop it from doing this? I figure I could just use a drop of CA and get them to stay, but that would mean they are permanently attached to the A-Arm and I would get no chance to use any of the other positions if I wanted.

2) I sheared of 2 of the castor blocks. And a friend of mine, also with a TC6.1, sheared one of his. I know this probably happened by the "wall jumping in front of my car", but I don't want to keep fixing this when it happens. I would like to use an aluminum castor block, but I can't find any for the TC6.1. However, I have found them for the TC6. Are the TC6 and TC6.1 castor blocks compatible with each other, except for the fact that you can change the castor on the TC6.1 by changing the insert?

thanks,
Make sure that the threads in the arm that the ballstud threads into are not stripped out. If they are, this is why it is popping out.

You can use the C hubs from the TC6, you just need a ~0.25mm shim on the hinge pin (they are a hair narrower than the 6.1 c hubs). I would suggest using the plastic c hubs for the TC6. Even being dremeled out to run DCJ's, they are still extremely durable.