R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help converting starter box to run on car battery...
Old 05-11-2012, 07:11 AM
Sideshow Bob
Tech Master

almost everybody runs a car batery on a box over here. at our bench we run 4 boxes of one batery for the whole weeken..no issues. I have the ofna(qworld) truggy box and basically what i did is replace all the retarded tamiya plugs with some deans and wire it with any semi proper wire...i used some stuff i had left over from electric cars....just hook it up to batery terminals and it all works. people saying that they feel sorry for the guy who has to carry it around need to tell their pit guy to man-the-F#$@-up lol...a small car batery is not that heavy and it has a handle. best thing is...i charge my battery once a month

Edit: we also dont use alligator connectors..just go buy some round "washer" lugs at you hardware store...solder them to your positive and negative and conncet them up. most car battery lugs have nut connectors on them...so you can just unscrew them by hand..put you box lugs on there and hand tighten...and they wont come off. there is nothing wierd about using a car battery..no special wiring needed...i just re wired my box since they wire they come with is notorious for frying. car battery is just 12V anyway
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1279.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	919791  

Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 05-11-2012 at 07:22 AM.