R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 05-07-2012, 09:18 PM
yogii
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Like the Thunder Power rep mentioned run around a 3.8 for a no timing class. I run this same gearing on a 60'x40' track with 25 timing on the motor, it's very fast. I would only use a 6.55 FDR if i was running 17.5 with timing from the ESC.

If your car is braking loose in the back there are setup issue. Ask some of the fast guys at your track for setup help or check out one of the setups on Hanulec's Wiki page, try Larry's Gate 2009 or Schreffler's 2010 Snowbirds setup. Either are pretty good the only mods i've made are; long wheel base front and back, bell crank forward, and i use sway bars 1.4mm front and back.

Either that or your using a spool up front which can make the rear break loose if your not easy on the throttle coming out of the turn. Front spools take some time to get use to. For a beginner i would recommend a ball diff up front until you feel comfortable driving the car.

http://racerlog.com/wiki/T.O.P._Photon
You are correct I'm using a spool in the front. No one, on the track running the TOP. But they have given me suggestions such as, loosening the rear diff. Witch helps. But my two counter partners are runing gear ratio 6.24 and 7.15. They really crank on the in field also run really good on the back strait. Im sure there timming is cranked up. Know having it this tall that will make me slow in the in field, no? With not having any power not sure how it will do? I can check and see what i have in the box. I know i don't have an 88 spur. Know would a gear diff help in the front? I have two complete gear diff with one spare kit to rebuild them. Just have not had a change to compair or get use to car. This next time will be the 5th time out.
Know the thunder power rep also recommended that I hook up a heat sink and fan on motor. He said it would probably run hot. Know I'm not sure if this is the way I want to set up a motor to start by running it hot. It seems like the higher the gearing the less bottom end I would have, no? Are you running a fan on your motor?
I did receive an answer back they send me to this web page, I tested the motor and it check out ok. I receive my other motor speed passion and tested it also. Check out good, here's the web http://www.youtube.com/watch?y=M02Mf...&feature=g-upl
Thank you for all your help bkspeedo